How Migration Services Supports You
Our team Migration Services supports our clients with all services related to migration projects and the product migration center. Whether you need support in a specific area, or you want someone to take care of your entire migration project in a full service agreement, we are convinced our Migration Services team is the best choice for you.
Our team consists of software developers, project managers, migration specialists and communication experts. Through our best practice methods, short lines of communication and the nearshore development center in Romania we are able to provide high quality, while always keeping an eye on cost optimization.
Benefit from the fact, that your one time challenge is our daily business!
Analysis & Planning
Do you have a migration or upgrade project scheduled? Is your project success endangered? Then bring in our Migration & Upgrade Task Force. Our migration experts are available for support.
- On-site assessment of your existing and planned environments, using tested procedural models and checklists at a discounted rate.
- Based on this information, we will recommend the optimal procedure for upgrading or migrating your environment to the current version or to a new client.
- Depending on the complexity of your clients, we also recommend a single or multi-day analysis conducted by fme experts, in order to determine the proper strategy for upgrading the client customizations.
Proof Of Concept
Before starting out big, you should be sure that you have got the right plan to fulfill your requirements. This is especially important to reveal possible risks or limits, so you can deal with them at an early stage of your project and estimate the total cost and time needed.
Depending on the result of the assessment, you will receive an individual price offering for your upgrade or migration project.
Project & Communication Management
Each migration is different, but also many migrations have a lot in common. Benefit from our experience and use our techniques that have been proven reliable and effective.
Onsite & Remote Training
Enable your employees to operate migration-center as professionals right from the start. In face-to-face or remote workshops your staff has the possibility to work directly and in person with fme AG’s training team. This ensures the best start possible for your first migration-center project. The training includes:
- Full overview about all capabilities of migration-center
- Setup of a working environment
- Hands-on-training for your specific use case
- Q&A session to answer all critical questions
Gain training & expertise from the fme experts to jump start your use of migration-center.
Installation & Configuration
In case you need support to install and configure your migration-center environment, we can also do that for you.
- Installation of migration-center and job servers
- Setup of migration-center scanner and importer
- Configuration of content transformation rules
- Have your migration-center environment ready and running in no time
- No need to train your employees for a one time task
Our API allows clients and partners to build new adapters or customize existing ones. Either we can provide you with training to enable your IT experts to develop a new adapter by themselves or we can develop any kind of adapter for you.
Maintenance & Support
When you buy migration-center, you automatically have a support contract in place, including:
- Free access to the latest version
- Troubleshooting hotline service
- A dedicated supporter for your individual use case
While migrating it is important to verify that all migrated content arrives in the target system by means of quality and quantity. Each migration is unique to the project and its data. That is the reason why an out-of-the-box validation is usually not possible. How can you validate your data migration instead?
We help you to set up individual validation strategies for your migration project.
- Black box test strategy
- Creation and adaptation of QA documents and reports
- Definition of representative sample sets
Our specific knowledge will help you to reduce business test efforts without reducing quality. Reduce time and complexity with custom-made document templates and property test sheets.
The fme migration-center validation package can be ordered separately or as an integrative part of fme’s Migration Factory solution.
Monitoring & Reporting
Especially in large migrations monitoring & reporting is very critical due to several reasons:
- Ensuring transparency and accountability of the migration
- Track the progress against pre-set targets and objectives
- Early awareness of problems
- Meet QA targets
We can set up monitoring and reporting tools, so that you are always constantly up to date about the current project status.
You want a migration from A to B without having any hassle yourself.
Our team …
- … provides and executes a project plan.
- … installs, configures and operates migration center.
- … takes care of the entire project documentation and communication.